April 17, 2013
All textures, templates, overlays, brushes, or other products purchased and/or downloaded from French Kiss Collections / Leslie Nicole are copyrighted. You are granted Royalty-Free, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable use of said products. Products can be used solely by the purchaser. Please do not share, distribute, sell or claim the products as your own.
French Kiss Collection Assets are available with either the default Professional License or with an Extended License.
The professional license does not allow creation of derivative textures, brushes, backgrounds, scrapbook papers, web templates or any form of graphic resource or merchandising.
- Client Work: Photographers and scrapbookers may use and create templates and artwork for their clients, but files must be provided as flattened files or printed art in a way that the original assets cannot be extracted and re-used.
- Marketing: French Kiss Collections products may be used in self-promotional marketing materials. Incorporating elements into your logo is fine.
- Artists: Artists may create works of art to sell on art sites such as RedBubble and ImageKind. Assets must be integrated into the artwork so that the primary value no longer lies in the asset itself and the new artwork is unique. Print on demand t-shirts, mugs etc. are allowed for textures/overlays when integrated into artist’s original artwork.
- Commercial Applications: Designers and Illustrators can use French Kiss products for ads, brochures and other printed materials. Website design is also allowed, but not web templates.
- Stock Art: You may use French Kiss assets in artwork for sale by stock agencies if the product has been integrated into your own artwork and has been changed enough that the primary value no is no longer the asset itself and the new artwork is unique enough to fall under copyright. You may not use the assets to create and sell derivative textures, overlays, papers, brushes, or templates.
- Merchandising: Small-run, home-printed greeting cards are allowed for textures/overlays integrated into artist’s original artwork.
Some of my assets are available for extended license. I recommend you save a copy of your sales receipt with your file to remember if your purchase includes an extended license.
- Merchandising: French Kiss Collections assets may be used for limited merchandising of stationary, greeting cards, home decor, clothing, & digital designs. For commercial printing of over 2000 products (total printings—not per print run) an expanded license is required. Please contact me to discuss expanded licensing. Please see exceptions below.
- Digital Merchandising: An extended license allows new digital designs to be created with the French Kiss Collection asset. This includes: Scrapbooking items, gift tags, web templates, etc. Please see exceptions below.
- You may not create merchandising that is made up primarily of French Kiss assets. As an example, you can’t take one of my brush sets of bird illustrations and my watercolor brushes to create a series of gift tags, scrapbook papers, etc.
- Designs must be changed and altered enough that they are part of a new creation. You may not distribute digital designs where the asset can be extracted and reused unless it has been adequately altered. (Eg. A color change is not adequate alteration.)
- You may not use assets for software bundles or apps. Please contact me for an expanded license.
Credits and Links
No links or credits are required—though always appreciated where appropriate. Find links & banners here.
Thank you for your compliance to these terms. I spend an enormous amount of time and resources on these products. Violators of these terms will be prosecuted.
Limits of Liability
I take copyright laws very seriously, but it is impossible to research or ascertain permissions of all found vintage resources. French Kiss Collections provides no rights or warranties on the use of names, designs, printed materials or works of art used in any product. You are responsible for determining that all necessary rights and consents that may be required for your product are satisfied.
If you are unsure of a usage or would like to discuss expanded licensing, please contact Leslie Nicole.