Print out digital papers and create tags and other decorative objects to decorate your home!
I have a confession. I am obsessed with tags! I love creating tags for just about anything. Gifts, cards, Happy Mail, bookmarks, you name it. A few weeks ago, I created this tag set to tie around a vintage pewter vase.
Tag Creation Notes
- I used my Epson 3880 ink jet printer to print out the vintage bird tag (not yet available in the shop) on Epson Archival Heavy Weight Paper.
- The digital paper tag was a test scrap from the digital paper collection Vintage Shabby Shades I had printed on my low-end color laser printer on a coated paper. I then spray mounted the digital paper to the back of one of my painted textures. (Card stock would also be fine.)
- I'm not fond of cutting out shapes by hand with a blade, so a couple of years ago, I invested in a Sizzix Big Shot machine and I slowly acquire die shapes to use. Both of these shapes come from the Sizzix Framelit set number 657911.
- I used twine scrounged from thrift stores to attach the tags to the vase. You'd be amazed at the great twine and yarn you can find at a thrift stores. Have you priced a roll of baker's twine purchased new? I love it, but for the price of one roll I can find around 20 balls of twine!
Digital Design Notes
Elements from the top down.
- Twine: scanned and masked.
- Digital masking tape: Tape Strips No. 1
- Digital Frame: Vintage Frames No. 1
- Ink Spatter Brush: Spatter No. 1 (comes as brushes or overlays)
- Watercolor effect on display type: I used the Watercolor Spots No. 5 brushes.
By the way, the cursive font is Heart & Soul by Nicky Laatz
- Lined background paper: not yet available — coming.
- Dark slate Digital Paper: Vintage Shabby Shades
Don't miss out on announcements of specials, sales and, tutorials. Plus, get Freebies!