12 extra-large fine art, painted textures and 19 square format versions.
Uses the texture, Tea Rose from the Spring Impasto collection.
Impasto Paint Technique
These painterly textures were created using a technique called Impasto, which shows distinctive brush and knife strokes in the paint. I used high-quality acrylic paint on fine art paper. The colors are mostly bright and bold with exuberant shapes. See The Collection
Uses the texture, Vintage Roses from the Spring Impasto collection.
Remember that you can tone down these textures in various ways.
- Lower the opacity
- Use a Levels or Curves adjustment to lighten the texture
- Blur the texture using Gaussian blur or various textures such as Topaz Labs' Clean* filter (tut to come). Also try the Glow filters in Nik, OnOne and Topaz.
- Lower the saturation with a Hue/Saturation adjustment.
- Convert the texture to black and white and use with an Overlay or Soft Light blend mode.
Spring Impasto Squared
As I was editing these textures, I discovered delightful zoomed in areas that I thought merited their own versions, so I created a squared collection. These are more than just cropped versions of the originals. Most of them are taken from my original, enormous scans. (Yep, I scanned even larger than 7400 pixels — usually around 10000 - 11000.) I've also carefully edited each square version by darkening the corners slightly and retouching areas. I spent close to 2 days creating these edited versions, so they are a big time-saver if you like using the square format. They could also work nicely as digital paper backgrounds. See The Collection
* Topaz Labs' Filters is an affiliate link. I get a small commission from any sales resulting from a click from this site (at no extra cost to you.) I really do love these filters. Nearly all of my own images use one of these filters. Thank you for supporting the site!