Valentine Idea Breakdown Of Elements
Here's an idea for using French Kiss Collections digital papers, brushes, textures and elements to create a Valentine with your own photograph.
How To Customize The Digital Washi Tape.
You can customize the Digital Tape Strips collections by clipping a digital paper (or any other image file) to the tape.
The Digital Tape Strips No. 1 collection has plain masking and transparent tape.
To create a custom, Washi style tape, select a digital paper. I've chosen a paper from the Love Ya Dots n Stripes Papers. collection that is normally a pink color.
Below is the Photoshop layer panel showing how to create the custom Washi tape.
- Chose a masking tape strip that you want to use.
- Place your desired paper in the layer above the tape.
- With the digital paper layer selected, click Command (Mac) or Control (PC) + Option + G (Mac) or Alt (PC) to "clip" it to the tape layer. This is called a Clipping Mask.
- Size and adjust the digital paper with the Transform Tool so that it fits the tape as you like.
- Then, above the digital paper layer add a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer. (Adjustment layers are found at the bottom of the layer panel. The icon looks like a circle halved in black/gray.
- Clip this layer to the digital paper the same as in step No. 3
- Adjust the color as you like. You may have to fiddle with saturation as well as hue. (To change the lightness/darkness, I usually prefer to use a Levels Adjustment Layer. - found in the same place as the Hue/Saturation and use it the same way - just stack it on top of the Hue/Saturation layer.)
- To adjust the opacity of the Washi tape, lower the opacity on the tape layer. I used 75%.
It's that easy!
Subscribe For Freebies!
Don't miss out on announcements of specials, sales and, tutorials and monthly Freebies. Plus, get instant FREE texture, overlay and brush collections!
Leave a Reply