I love combining textures, brushes, vintage elements and photographs to create a layered design.
This design uses a number of layers that include a texture (this month's freebie!), art overlays, vintage brushes and overlays, and a photograph used with a Photoshop pattern script. I planned on doing a tutorial on this, but my neck arthritis is having a bad flare up right now, so I'll just offer a peek at my layers.
By building up layers of art elements, brushes and overlays you can create a design with richness and depth.
A few of the products used in this design:
- Free (this month only) texture, Emerge.
- Vintage French Math overlays (bottom left over background.)
- Vintage French No. 1brushes. (Conserveries and angel blowing trumpet top.)
- Artistique Edgesoverlays. Adds a purple vignetted glow to texture.
- Gouache Grunge No. 4 brushes. I used them in the layer mask of the striped overlay so that only some of the stripes show - in the shape of the grunge brush.
Subscribe For Freebies
Don't miss out on announcements of specials, sales and, tutorials and monthly Freebies. Plus, get instant FREE texture, overlay and brush collections!